1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer rack spacing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TYLAWN, Mar 26, 2003.

1. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

What is the ideal distance between each post of a trimmer rack mounted on a side rail of an open trailer? My trimmers are Echo 260's and right now I have the post 22" apart. I think I really need to stretch it out a little. Please give some info if there is a standard spacing dimension.

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

22 is way to close. I just built mine and they are about 44 apart. If you do not have support close to the motor, the shaft will break from the bouncing and flex.

Just my advice,

Adam

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

As pointed out above you don't want them that close. Mine came with some instructions that had suggestions for spacing.

Gravely_Man

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

How long is you shaft?:blush: I mean trimmer shaft.;)

Use your shortest trimmer as a guid for spacing.

5. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

Fix it last night. I moved the post toward the end of my trimmers and I have one between the motor and handle. I get better support now. Thanks for the advice.

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have a way to post a picture of the spacing that you came up with last night?

Gravely_Man

7. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

I'm afraid not. Don't worry I kinda used an advertisement for trimmer racks as a guide. I've got about 42" from post to post.