trimmer rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The mayor, May 7, 2005.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody make a trimmer rack for a exposed trailer that the trimmers don't spin on the rack. I always have to bungie mine in place. so they don't turn and damage the trimmers. So what I am asking for is non spin,damaging and lockable. Is there such a rack.

2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a trimmer rack made by Green Touch and paid $189 for it. Bought it after a trimmer was stolen out of my trailer, it's much cheaper than buying new trimmers.

It bolts on using 4 bolts, super easy to install. The whole unit is covered in heavy vinyl which prevents equipment damage. Holds three trimmers/stick edgers/pole saws that are held in by heavy pins that are inserted into one of three slots making it adjustable to accomodate different trimmer dimensions. The pins can be put in at an angle, making it even more versatile. The pins have a hole at the bottom which a padlock (included with the unit) can be placed in to prevent theft.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I bought that Preco rack and it was crap. Did more damage to my trimmers than I saved had I paid up for a better one. Then, after a couple of months, the cheap angle iron they build them with developed a crack and split in two. I'm all for saving a buck, especially when money is tight but man, if you can afford it, buy something a little better. Sometimes you get what you pay for and you'll end up saving money in the long run.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I go along with cheaper is not always better, I will keep an eye on mine and check for cracks, I thought also they could of used stronger angle iron, but I do like the way it holds the trimmer, thanx for the heads up

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Take a good close look at Trimmer Trap. I have the tt2 pro 4 and it's perfect. It holds 4 trimmers and they don't spin. One lock for the whole thing. It's also the easiest to operate. You can load/unload with one hand. Granted, it cost $229 but I wanted it. I think the 3 place unit is $179. It's worth it if you have 900-1200 worth of equipment to lock up.

7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have the trimmer trap racks also, the only problem I have encountered is if you have more than one brand of trimmer, say a Stihl and a Shindaiwa the Stihl's handle is wider and will not let it shut all the way to keep the shindaiwa from spinning.

8. Quality Cuts PLS

Quality Cuts PLS LawnSite Member

Mayor, Check out Gridiron by Novae Corp., they are adjustable to hold the trimmers in place. They are excellent racks made out of extruded aluminum, and cad plated parts. The are modular in design, so you just purchase what you need, height of racks, trimmer holder, blower holder, chainsaw holder, sprayer holder, cooler holder, lock system, etc. The hold up well, have a lifetime warranty, and a performance guarantee. I have used Trimmer Trap, and Green Touch, they are alright, but don't match the versatility of Gridiron.
    I have had some for eight years and they still work fine and look great. Definitely worth every penny.

9. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for all the input,now to do some final research and do some ordering. This will be the first year that I won't be buying any mayor equipment.( mowers and the such) But I did need a new rack.

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

All I use are the green touch racks and I love them. They might be a little on the expensive side but they do a great job of protecting your equipment. If you buy them the first thing you need to do is throw the locks that came with them away. They are cheap, can be broken easily, and the keys that I have will open the locks that you will have.