Trimmer Rack

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cttayl02, Apr 28, 2007.

1. cttayl02

cttayl02 LawnSite Member

Hey I am nineteen years old and have had my own lawn mowing business for several years now. Just this year I have really developed my business and I am looking to buy some beneficail goods that I would think to be a good idea in protecting my equipment. I have been looking at trimmer racks and from my observations I would believe that trimmer trap and the new green touch xtreme series would be the two that that would be on the top of my list. I can not decide between which one I want to get. If some of you could tell me from your experience which one that you would prefer and why that would be great.

Thanks alot
  2. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think the new Green Touch racks are sweet! I don't use them but from what I have looked at in the store I like the design of the new ones. Very secure and won't bang up your equipment.
  3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If you haven't already, you should look at the racks by Buyers products Co.
  4. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

check out junglejims or rackem or or all are good and around the same price. just make sure you get one for 3or 4 trimmers because the will hold pole trimmers too. good luck!
  5. RTM

RTM LawnSite Member

I've been very pleased with Trimmer Traps.:)
  6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Jungle jims. I bought the Buyers one's too but they are crap compared to jims.
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Definately TrimmerTrap. VERY nice racks. IMO the new greentouch racks look like the biggest cluster-f*** ever. The TrimmerTrap racks look to be by far the easiest to use of any of them.
  9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

What the heck is a cluster-****? I can get the trimmers out faster on my greentouch then my trimmer trap (which are now behind my shed) and they are protected better. Ive had people snip the padlock off my TT and they definatly can not do that on mine. If you watched the videos you would see greentouch is just as easy to operate unless your slow or something.
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Eh, they're all easy enough to operate. 5 seconds' difference between different rack brands really doesn't mean jack.

Those greentouch racks look real nice though. What do they cost?

I've got the trimmer trap setup that holds 3 trimmers, and I like it a lot. Easy in and out.