1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trimmer rack

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CLS, Mar 23, 2004.

1. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

I am making my own trimmer rack. I'm making one similar to the one attached below.

What are the typical dimentions of the c-channel where the trimmer rests? What is the depth of the channel and what is the hight of the channel?

I already have the uprights made. I just need the #'s for the c-channel. Thanks for any help.

2. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

Forgot the attachment.

trimmer rack.jpg

3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Without going out to measure mine, I'm going to guess about 1 1/2" high x 2" deep..

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Take your trimmers and lay them on your trimmer rack and have them just far enuff that they fit easy and deep enuff for the pins to fit snug, that is how i made mine. I know that doesnt give you any dimensions but that is how i made mine so they arent to loose and shake to bad going down the road. I took electric tape and wrapped the shafts where they rest on the metal to cut down on wear

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Oh and I forgot to say that I made mine wider than most you buy so that the weight of the engine isnt hanging over and putting extra stress on the shafts, and the other ends are near the string head so all the weight is supported by the uprights and they dont slide in the rack that away either

6. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

I don't have a trimmer yet. Soon though.

Anybody else feel like breaking out a tape measure for me?

7. Turf Tender

Turf Tender LawnSite Member

Hey CLS - I grew up in Grand Rapids!

8. CLS

CLS LawnSite Member

What part of GR? When did you move?

9. ACA Lawn Care

ACA Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Why don't you just save yourself some time and order them from www.precoparts.com for $69.95. It holds three trimmers, individually locked. Mine are on the way.

10. SUGAR_CUT_MARK

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

Aca, are those angle iron?