1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Rack.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used trimmer rack today for $50 and after I installed it I am having problems keeping my trimmers and edger from turing upside down because they are top heavy. Is it OK if there upside down? If not any tips to fix the problem.
  2. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

It shouldn't matter if they are upside down. The motors are designed so that it doesn't matter what angle it is tilted at.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

they might move slightly, but nothing should turn upside down. Do you have a picture of the rack that you can post?
  4. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

sorry no picture. my trimmers roll all the way upside down and my edger just tilts sideways. Thanks for the reply.
  5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

It may not be a huge problem, but I dont think it would be any good for the carb. I know the commercial carbs are made to run upside down, but when its not running I think it would flood the carb. Also make sure the gas caps are tight. And now that I think of it, an upside down piece of equip would probably flood to the point the air filter would get saturated.
  6. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Bungee cords are a good thing
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

ummm....never had a problem with mine upside down, unless I accidently put them in there that way. Mine lock down fairly tight. You might check your spring...it might of sprung...lol
  8. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I pinch my handles on the back side of the rack when able. This is relevant only if you have the same style of rack I use (Buyers). Heres a picture if you can make it out.

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice set up Blankenship!
  10. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you, kids were and still are the most expensive part.