Trimmer racks on my little trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I told you guys before about the little 5x8 utility that I converted into a landscape trailer. I added the 4' expanded sides, trimmer, blower, and cooler racks, as well as a small tool cage up top. I just finished it up this evening when UPS delivered the trimmer racks. Here it is. Tell me what you think about this brand. I got them from Northern Tool for $160.

ctmpphpQFFTse.jpg

ctmpphpO0disu.jpg

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

are you asking about the trimmer racks? or the whole trailer?

3. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

you know... thats one of the nicest 5x8s i think i ever saw....

if i ever lose my mind and decide to hire help and start another route.... i would probably steal most of your setup......

a 48 walkbehind.... and a 21 .... i wonder if they would fit.....

Slap some signboards on that... and you are off to the races

Nate

4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

i like to have something like that to pull behind my s10

5. Mowinforaliving

Hey Barefeet, I really appreciate the compliment. I spent alot of time on this thing in the past few weeks and am kind of proud of it. I have a 16'x82" tandem landscape with racks, cage, etc... that im going to use for bigger accounts and a bigger machine. I had this little 5x8 that I bought at Lowes last year and it was just sitting around in the backyard collecting dust, so I thought id fix it up a little and make it useful. I'll have one out doing residentials while the other is out doing bigger accounts in the industrial park and such.

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

that is a nice trailer, LDH. good job with it! arent those brake lights mounted too high for DOT regulations?

7. Mowinforaliving

The only thing I can see that might be an inconvience is I can't get my 21" on it. I'm thinking about building a nice little shelf for it in front of the trailer on the tongue out of angle iron and expanded metal, but im not sure yet. I dont want to cobble it up. In the meantime, ill just haul it in the bed of the truck. I'm a pretty big boy and it's not that heavy. Plus, I only need it on a few places, so.

8. Mowinforaliving

From the concrete in my garage floor to the top of the light it 67". By the way, thanks Raven.

9. Mowinforaliving

When I bought it at Lowes it came with an expanded metal floor that was pretty spongy, so when I converted it I went ahead and put a 3/4" ply wood floor in it. I just bolted the ply wood to it with big washers then rolled on a coat of black paint.

10. Mowinforaliving

This is what it looked like before I converted it.

ctmpphptyC13S.jpg