Trimmer Racks on the sides of a Pickup Bed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Feb 13, 2002.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering if the racks I often see on the sides of trailers that hold trimmers and blowers can be installed on the sides of a pickup bed. I don't use a trailer and was wondering if I could create more space in the back of the truck in this manner. Does anyone know of any supplier?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

the same ones that make the ones for trailers do for trucks.

3. andyslawns

andyslawns LawnSite Member

I know that either Jungle Jims or trimmer trap makes one. Good luck

4. Cutright2002

Cutright2002 LawnSite Member

Jungle Jim has a picture of their trimmer racks on a truck on their web site.

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Gridiron is the way to go. It's made by Novae. I have one on my F-150, it holds two trimmers. I carry everything on my truck, sure beats dragging a trailer.

6. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

i was thinking about setting it up for my truck. But if i think about it, I'm gonna have to take my trimmer, edger and blower out of the truck every time I stop anyhow, so whats the difference in taking them out at the beginning of the stop compared to when i need them?

7. Lawn Services

Lawn Services LawnSite Member
    from DE

why dont you like the ones for the trailers??:D

8. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

for trailers it would make more sense. but in my truck, i can get everything in pretty snug so it doesn't slide around

9. johnhenry

johnhenry LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle jim has one also try trimmer trap online. Though you could make one for yourself proably just as easy

10. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a guy doing commercial properties recently with no trailer and 2 mowers. He had an F-350 with a long bed and a 2 foot extension over the tailgate. He had 3 trimmers and 2 backpacks on racks along with rakes and gas cans and cooler keeping everything up off the floor of the truck. In the bed he had 2 super surfers which fit in nicely (he ramped them onto the truck). Made me jealous that he doesn't need a trailer. I can't say what kind of racks they were...but a nice compact set up.

jeffyr