trimmer racks....which one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hunter Landscape, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Hunter Landscape

Hunter Landscape LawnSite Member

i am about to purchase a larger trailer and i am going to need some trimmer/edger racks for it. i have a fabricated "half cage" on my current trailer so i won't be able to use the one that i have.
    i have looked at the kind from Jungle Jim's as well as the Trimmer Trap model. i am opting for the 3 trimmer holder design. which do y'all seem to prefer and like the best? your input is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I like Green Touch Industries products. They are the vinyl coated racks. The come in 2,3 or 5 trimmer capacities. (5 is only for open trailers)

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion you won't go wrong with the Trimmertrap for 3 trimmers. I would definitely buy another.

4. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jim's are nice. They also save you a lot of money because their racks come packaged as a combo. The same capacity in a green touch setup would cost over twice the price. Rack for two backpacks, three trimmers, a 5-gallon water cooler, a 5-lb line of trimmer line called the "Gear Caddy" runs 227.00. Try to beat that one. By the way, the green touch racks require a seperate lock FOR EACH piece of equipment! That Sux!

5. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

Is there a website for Jungle Jim's Trimmer Racks?

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Definately go with the TrimmerTrap's. One hand operation, no pins, lanyards, or lining up holes. They are lockable, and built very well. Wish I would have had one years ago, would have saved my old Green Machine from getting ruined rolling around in the pickup.

This is money well spent here, dont skimp. Many other cheapies may look like a good deal, but day to day operation is very simple on a Trimmer Trap.

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I run the Jungle Jim "gear Caddys" on my open trailer.....great rack!!

I just bought an enclosed trailer though and im wondering who makes racks for them...any sugestions?

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Eric, Green Touch Industries make racks for enclosed trailers. 1-800-621-6919. They'll send you a catalog.

9. I use the TrimmerTrap TT-2 for 3 trimmers. I love it and I would buy another one. I believe that they make one for enclosed trailers too. Check them out.

10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer is supposed to mount me a Trimmertrap rack on my trailer tommorrow. He said he would weld in on so it will be more secure than bolts. He said it will be the one that holds 3. He said it would cost around $100.00. I asked him does it hold 2 and he said no, it holds 3. I thought the one that holds 2 was $100.00 and the 3 banger was around $170.00. Well see, maybe he gets them at a better price than I can. In any event, I'm sure it will be a very welcome piece of equipment.