1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trimmer racks???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Brian B, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

got a question about trimmer racks... so wouldnt it ruin your equipment if it started to pour down rain one day while your trimmers were on the racks or what???

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I wouldnt say it would ruin them, but it may not do the electronics and favors. I had to remove the coil from one of mine and sand...get a slight covering of rust off of it so it would fire.

I usually keep 3-5 plastic bags like you get groceries in or from a conveinance store in the truck, and if I get caught out in a rain storm I put 1-2 over the enginge and tie them around the shaft till I get home.

I think trimmer trap and W E Chapps make a cover for trimmer engines also

wayne

3. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

W.E.Chapps makes some nice covers for trimmers engines, they have individual and also have one that will cover three trimmers on rack by itself when they are facing same way. I have been out in rain many times with mine exposed and no long term damage I am aware of, though I wouldn't recommend it. I usually have to let it all dry out good before everything wants to start and run well though.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Right,W.E CHAPPS makes some nice stuff they are on the board here look em up,call jim he will go out of his way to please you.

5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I get caught in the rain all the time! Never had any problems at all. A friend that is in the business has a 20' open trailer that he can't fit in his garage- it stays outside ALL THE TIME! 2 Lazers, 1 WB, 2 trimmers, edger, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, and a bunch of other stuff in the rain, snow, hail- everything- never has any problems. All Stihl and Echo stuff.

6. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

that is impressive about your freinds equipment!!! that would convince me to buy stihl or echo equipment

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i have been in this for 11 seasons and you can't tell me nothing about downtime,he will get breakdows with the weather.