trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jan 21, 2008.

What to do with the hand held trimmers/ edgers

1. buy gridiron

5 vote(s)
  2. buy extreme racks

22 vote(s)
  3. re-enginer the old racks (would be a pita)

3 vote(s)
  4. or just throw them in the truck bed

6 vote(s)
  1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

today that's it, i got to my first job today and I'm out of work until i get a new trimmer and edger. my pos racks from carry on suck, from bouncing on the rack both bent. i'm looking at 2 diff kinds of new racks. 1st is the gridiron products line the 2nd is the extreme racks from any thoughts on ether ones?
    ps since i had to get 2 new hand-helds i don't have 2 much left to blow on high $ racks but need something better then what i have now.
  2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the Extreme Racks at the MNLA show like two weeks ago. What I liked about them is the quality, security, and the rapid (in and out) design. So my opinion would be the Extreme Racks.
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im gonna be picking up some extreme racks soon.
  4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I have not used them but they look to be far Superior than anything else on the market.
  5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been looking at some new "anti-roll" racks from a company called Fabworks. They seem to be made pretty good. I have the Trimmer trap now but want a different set -up for this year. They also make a simple fuel can rack and cooler rack.
  6. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Were yours bent so bad that they could not be bent back? The reason I ask is if you have a curved shaft edger, you could have just bent it back and greased it up a bit and kept on using it. And if you don't have a solid shaft trimmer, the same could be done.

A friend that is actually been my mentor has a second trimmer that at one time was an edger. It is about 15 years old Shin 231LE but it is no longer a curved shaft edger, it is a great trimmer.

Good idea getting new more secure racks, but if you still have your handhelds, try to bend them back if possible. You may be able to return the new ones.
  7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have had good luck with these racks. They keep the trimmer from spinning. They hold the trimmer with a spring-loaded lever, so they allow you to place or remove the trimmer from the rack instantly. I think they are well made.
  8. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

I had some home made ones for about a week untill one trimmer broke, right in the middle of the shaft. Bought some Jungle Jims and I love them.
  9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned my Gridiron for two years now - Can't be beat for innovation and toughness, IMO. Watch the video - :usflag:
  10. GatorLawnCare

GatorLawnCare LawnSite Member

only a pansy has/uses a trimmer rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!