1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by haybaler, Jan 28, 2008.

1. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I'd like to hear peoples experience with the xtreme trimmer racks that they were giving away on here last year. I'm going to be buying a set within the next month and just wanted to know how durable they are. I know they have the best design, I just want to hear from someone that's had one for awhile.
  2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a set at the MNLA show a couple of weeks ago. I haven't installed them yet but I was very impressed by them at the show.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

The only thing I can see wrong with them is: For open trailers with angle iron top rail, they look as if they only mount on top of the top rail. I dislike any rack with this design because it doesn't make them stable enough and they will sway. IF they mounted to the floor of the trailer as well, it would be a great design. But this is just my opinion.
  4. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

search posts by me. ive got pics up of the set ive got. i will agree with grits, they do sway a good bit, in my opinion i would go with the 2 place trimmer rack they make
  5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I am considering buying a set myself.
    What is the distance between the bottom of the rack and the lowest trimmer holder?
  6. Happy Frog

They sell 14", 20" and 24" extensions to mount them on the trailer floor...
  7. We find that allowing the racks to mount the way they do allows for the fastest and easiest installation. I recommend mounting the locking side of the rack over a upright support on your trailer and that should give you enough stability. We do sell extensions that will mount to the deck of your trailer and to the side rail of your trailer. The rack then mounts onto the extensions.

The distance from the bottom of the rack to the bottom of the bottom trimmer holder is 8 inches.
  8. Happy Frog

I ordered the Xtreme racks and two extensions today to put on my Lightning so I can take my trimmer and edger with me when I mow.
    There are the only rack I've found that hold the equipment good enough for this use. :weightlifter:
    I get some trimming to do at each end of the property and it will save me a lot of time if I can just jump of the mower and trim/edge what needs to be and keep on mowing.
    I will post some pics after I install them and let you all know how it works for me. :rolleyes:
  9. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered one today as well. How much did the extensions cost you?
  10. Happy Frog

Not sure, I'll check the invoice when it comes and let you know then.