1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gstros2, Mar 27, 2008.

1. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

I want to buy a trimmer rack for my trailer, and I wanted to find out a good website to order them from. After talking with professionals in the business, they said that typically the trimmers move around in the racks when they are locked in causing the wires to be chewed up. Another thing is all the racks I have researched have been priced around $200.00 is that about right? I would appreciate your suggestions as to what website I should buy one from. Thanks!
  2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

3. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

i'm going to be ordering the xtreme trimmer racks from trailerracks.com They have a locking system on them that causes them to stay fixed within the rack itself. They look like a good unit.
  4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

is this for a open or enclosed trailer?
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

With these it dosn't matter, open or enclosed, they have brackets for both. I guess I'm like the 3rd person to post the same racks, but they will answer the problem with rolling around and breaking stuff.

Now I just wish I owned a set of them... I used to think the Trimmer Trap racks were the cats azz, but they don't hold my trimmers tight because my edger has such a larger handle. So they roll around and the triggers get broke off. Also they tend to eat into the shafts of the trimmers unless you spend like $16 every couple years to replace the rubber booties on the pins.
  6. Sanders Lawn Care

Sanders Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from USA

Extreme Trimmer Racks is the only way to go!
  7. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

Just bought the Extreme Trimmer racks. Like the design won't move or twist in the locks. :usflag:
  8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I just bought my second set of Fab Works trimmer racks off of Ebay. Are they the best in the world?? Probably not, but for $79 they are great. They hold my Stihl trimmers like a glove and won't let them roll or fall out. You can forget to put the clip (or lock) in and they will still not fall out going down the road. Like I said they are not fancy, there are probably better ones out there but for the price they are all I need. Very functional, made for enclosed or regular trailers. I bought them on Ebay last year and loved them so I picked up another set this year. Bargin $79, free shipping.

fabworks ii.jpg
  9. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Trimmer Trap is the only way to go with racks!!!:usflag:
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the ones from Preco Distributors, they were like $70-$80. My echo doesn't spin at all, but my smaller homelite did, just put a piece of rubber in to fix it, I am happy with them