trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ned5485, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Ned5485

Ned5485 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Until now I have considered trimmer racks to be sort of a luxury. It just seemed that I could accomplish the same work without a rack, and having one will definitely not make me any money.

But, I am tired of wrestling with my trimmers that get tangled up with all the other crap in the bed of pickup. So, I am going to splurge. I dont need to get the very best rack there is. I just want it to be dependable, and fairly durable.

I just want the rack to hold 3 trimmers without letting them turn over and spill fuel. Also, I would like to have the ability to lock em up.(I imagine almost all of them have that.) I will be mounting the rack to an open trailer. A less important feature, but one to consider, is the ease in which it can be removed.

Does anybody have any neg or pos experiences about this one? It is on ebay for $130. I do not understand what keeps it from turning upside down.

Does anybody have some advice about another brand/model?

ebay $130.JPG

2. terryswafford

terryswafford LawnSite Member

I looked at the exact racks today at the company that builds them. At least some that are a copy of them. They were rubber coated. The guy that owned the company said that they would not let the trimmer turn upside down because of the rubber but I have my doubts. for that much money I want to be sure that they will hold the trimmer upright. They did look very well made. You can get a set at home depot for around 65.00 dollars that will let them turn upside down. I am still looking for a good rack but don't want to spend a fortune.

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Trimmer Trap, Jungle Jims, Extreme, Green Touch all come to mind. Trimmer Traps are my personal favorites.

4. Lawnboy48195

Lawnboy48195 LawnSite Member

I purchased a 2 trimmer rack Jungle Jim's for my trailer this year and I am very pleased with them. You can lock them up very easily so no punk can steal your trimmer or edger!!