trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eager Beaver, Aug 11, 2000.

1. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver LawnSite Member

Looking into trimmer racks. What are your opinions on Either Jungle Jims "Gear Caddy" or Trimmer Trap products? I like the concept of the Jungle Jims with the one latch that locks them all

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just build your own! I've never seen such a "rip off" in all my life! I've got about $15.00 into mine and that's on both sides of the trailer. Mine are a whole lot nicer than any if the ones you buy, and my trimmers don't rattle and roll all over either. Perfect fit. If you don't weld, you can still have a set made for alot cheaper than you can buy them.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Try Green touch Industries. They make all kinds of racks that are heavy gauge steel and vinyl coated. Not to mention rust proof. Their # is 1-800-621-6919.

4. dhicks

dhicks Member

I use Green Touch myself. Extra heavy duty and extra vinyl coating. I bought mine at Expo 2000.

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Trimmertrap rack that holds 3 trimmers. One hand on the trimmer and one on the rack to lock it in. As fast as just laying it on the deck of the trailer.

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use Trimmer Trap for just about everything. I bought a Jungle Jim's Trimmer Mate that mounts on my WB mower. I have some big back yards with patio decks and bost docks way at the back. Put the trimmer on the mower, and it stays secure until you need it and you don't need to walk all the way back out there. But on the trailer, Trimmer Trap. Also a rack for the sprayer, BP Blower, HH Blower, H2O cooler, and hand tools. NOTHING goes in the back of my truck. I put a tool box on the tounge for FA kit, parts, and small tool kit. Before I got the racks I'd had 3 trimmers and 1 HH blower ripped off. I also had a 21" mower taken. Now I cable everything to the trailer side rails. You can make these things yourself if you have the time, but they're not expensive. Less than $350 for all that I have. I will be welding a shelf for my fuel cans on the tounge. I also put on of those gate assists on there. Best money I've spent. Some of the work we do is hard enough, do all that you can to minimize effort.

7. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

One word: TRIMMERTRAP!!!

8. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like the trimmertrap. It is fast, and idiot proof. You want one that will not let you set the trimmer in it without latching it. Stay away from the ones that require you to put two pins down through two holes, they are too easy to set the trimmer in, and not latch it.

9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Are there any racks for trimmers and so on that fit on the sides of trucks?

My trailer is only 4x8 and i'm not sure I want my trimmers bouncing around all day. I'd like to get a larger trailer, but right now, the cost is a bit prohibitive.

10. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

trimmertrap is all we use and love em.