Trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ryan41, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi - I'm looking to buy some trimmer racks for my 12' trailer. The problem i am having is finding racks that will attach to wood sides of trailers. Let me know if you know of anything that would work.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

3. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

I would buy them and take them to a welder to weld em to the frame and raise them and bolt them to the wood. I don't think it would be
    As sturdy mounting to just the wood sides if you plan on having 3 trimmers on the rack. One or two might be ok. Regardless I would buy the ones you like and have a welder add a plaque that would allow you to drill and bolt them to wood

4. ryan41

The sides are actually pretty sturdy. I think i would only go for a rack that holds 2 trimmers. If need be i could get one for the other side. I use to put them in the back of the truck but i just got a truck tool box for xmas so they wont fit. Thanks guys!

5. richardcog

richardcog LawnSite Member

I have some pm me

6. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

I suggest Green Touch Xtreme racks. They are expensive, but easily lockable and keep the trimmers from turning and bouncing. They have a base that mounts to the deck of the trailer and then the racks bolt on. They are the ONLY trimmer racks worth buying, in my opinion. Just gulp and spend the money on them. Oh, that reminds me, I have to buy another set for my new trailer.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have a set but stopped using them after a shaft snapped on a new trimmer.

8. ryan41

9. biodale

biodale LawnSite Member

Would you like to sell them since you aren't using them?
    PM me with a price,

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

If you are talking to me, I will have to look at what all I have. I know one of the screws on a mounting bracket is stripped. Not sure how many of the mounts I have on line trimmers either. Might of lost a set when I split with the partner a couple of years ago