Trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GBCS, Jan 18, 2004.

1. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Which brand has the best security?

This photo from Trimmertrap does not look too secure. Looks like it could be bent very easy. What about Jungle's or others?

[​IMG]

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I have only used Jungle Jim's and I am glad I did. Love it. Quick and easy.

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I think tt security is opposite the photo. They can bend the rods but still must free the other side.

Seems that TT is a solid as they come.

good luck

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

build your own. Much cheaper and more secure. built mine for about 25.00 and has the tool storage added on. Holds 3 trimmers and 12 tools. am looking at building a hedge and saw holder also. we will see though.

5. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sildoc,do you have any pics or a discription of that, i would love to see how to do it.If i can build it for $25 and some time thats alot cheaper than $150-200 for one.Thanks

p.s. any one elso with pics would be great to.

6. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Although not secure, this is a cheap way to rack trimmers.

Thanks to Doc Pete.

[​IMG]

7. sildoc

\

Working on my darn computer, It isn't recognizing my camera for some reason. I will post as soon as I can.
    I will try to describe them for now.

Welded.
    square tubing with 1 1/2 U tubing welded aprox 1-1/12 feet apart. Then drilled so that locks will go through them.
    at bottom end (part that attaches to trailor) I have 2"x3" angle iron. drilled to attach to trailor. In midle and at top I have 1" flat steel attaching each post. I welded 12 and 15 1 1/2" and 2" tubular steel to hold shovels and ect. Cost about 25.00 plus time to do this. i made 2 in about 2 hours or less. I picked up all cut to length materials at my local scrap and metal place.
    Good luck an I will try to get some pics soon. Have had this darn problem for over a week now.

8. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks GBCS
    thats not a bad idea.If that is an enclosed trailer so what you cant lock the rack...lock the trailer.But on an open trailer like i have you could make the posts out of steel then weld a eye hook to the post and put a lock around each tool.I may do that.

Thanks so mutch.

9. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

You would bend the trimmer shaft way before you would bend those.

10. sildoc

Techinically it is all based on leverage!
    If you have a 1/2-3/4" pipe that is 2-4' long you could bend those with no problem, and not even touch the trimmer.

Technically all a lock and all something to make what ever secure is to keep the HONEST people out. Not the people that want something for nothing.

That is That.