1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmer racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liltex, May 24, 2004.

1. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

i am undecided on which one i want. jungle jim triminator and blower mate or the trimmertrap and blower rack i am a one man crew so only need one blower trimmer edger racks. would really like some advice on the jungle jims locking system. thanks liltex
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use the trimmer trap X2 and love it.
  3. advantagelawn

advantagelawn LawnSite Member

the trimmer trap totally eliminates the chances of losing weedeaters off the trailer. you cant just lay them on the rack without closing it up like you can on the jungle jim. we have both and have never had any mishaps with the trimmer trap, but have had two incidences already this season with people not locking the jungle jim up and weedeaters bouncing off of the trailer.
  4. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

unless money is no object save some I made my own from angle iron andbent some 12ga holders to weld to the angle and brilled holes and used long padlocks instead of pins or clamps to hold the trimmers in. about $20 invested they look proffessional &had request to make for others but I have acess to a large sheetmetal/steel shop& can weld I make all my own stuff alot of the stuff out there is to simple to pay good money for it

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

What are the cheapest trimmer rack options. Can you put blowers on them (not backback)? Thanks.
  6. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

7. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

We're using trimmer traps on all 3 of our trailers and have not been disappointed. They're pricey - but in my opinion - a small investment and looks great. Some suggest home made jobs to save money - it's up to you. Your question was geared at ones you purchase so I'd go with the Trimmer trap brand. Just my 2 cents worth.
  8. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Go with trimmer trap. I was disapointed with the jungle jim. The blower mate is not as heavy duty as the trimmer trap blower rack. If you do choose the blower mate, make sure you do or don't need the adapter for your blower such as a Stihl BR series.

The trimmer trap trimmer racks are sturdy and reliable and the locking systems is an ease.

9. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a relatively cheap trimmer rack from Lowe's($69.95) and really regret it.First,it's not all that rigid which makes me a little nervous.Also,there's no way to tighten the attachments around the shafts of my equipment which results in alot of "wobbling" and bouncing around when I'm driving.I've already had a few things go wrong with my stick edgers and I think all that bouncing around caused it.I have to stuff foam rubber in there to prevent it.
    I used to wonder why some racks cost so much more than others...now I know.
  10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I went with the Trimmer Trap 4 place rack, here's why. I'm solo but I have 2 trimmers, a brush cutter and an edger. I worked at a dealer that sold the Jungle Jim but I didn't like the extra steps needed to secure the equipment. But, I bought a Jungle Jim blower mate because it's recessed and my blower sits on the rail. I did have to buy the adapter at $45, ouch! I also bought the Trimmer Trap backpack rack. You spend big money on the best equipment why buy an inferior rack?