Trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowforMoney, Oct 2, 2004.

1. MowforMoney

MowforMoney LawnSite Member

I am buying a trimmer rack for my trailor. Both my trailors or the basic utility trailor. 6X12 and a 5X10. I was wondering what is the best trimmer rack. I know everyone has an oppinion but thats what I want. I really want to know how safe are they and if your equipment gets banged around. Any pictures be great to and how it works to.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Trimmer Trap'3 3 Trimmer Rack is probably the best but since I didn't want to pay $200 I got a simlar 3 trimmer rack at TSC for $54.

3. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

What is TSC?

4. not_as_noun

not_as_noun LawnSite Member
    from West GA

Tractor Suppy Company

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using my Jungle Jim racks for a year now and love them. They do cost more but I think they're well worth the money. I like the way the tension of the springs hold everything stationary. Nothing gets damaged due to excessive movement. I can take some pics of them this weekend and post them here if you've never seen them.

6. Wreak

Wreak LawnSite Member

I don't think you want these but....I just received my rack set from http://www.precoparts.com/ (scroll all the way to the bottom) and had to go back to this website just to see how they installed them on the trailer by looking at the picture (no instructions came with them). I haven't put them on yet but they look like they'll work out just fine but I'll have to drill 2 holes through each one. These cost $90 with shipping. It seems a little high and I figured they would've at least packaged them a little better since they were practically coming out of the end of the box when UPS dropped them off.

I never thought that TSC would have this type of thing.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I think any of the racks are good. And there will be less banging around than without them.

8. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I got the same trimmer rack. $69.95 and they threw in the keyed alike padlocks for free, (now they're $9.95). Anyway, I love mine, easy to install and trimmer goes on & off very easily.

Buck

9. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I have (should say had) the rack from Preco and what I have found is the way the metal is stamped for the latch point creates a stress point. After a few months of vibration back and forth, the rail split right in half. Sure, can't beat the price but you can beat the quality.

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I just ordered a gridiron system from Novea Co. This is nice, 2 4 ft posts, 2 trimmer racks, 1 backpack blower rack, a water cooler holder and a lockset. Can,t wait to get it on my new trailer.