Trimmer recommendation- Echo vs. Husky, please help!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwost, Apr 25, 2004.

1. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I had planned on picking up the echo srm260. Well, our grill ended up kicking the bucket this weekend as well so now I've decided to compromise a bit and take a step down on selecting a trimer. PLEASE NOTE, this is for homeowner use only. I know most of you will say get the bigger trimmer anyway, however, I'm also dealing with the WAF (wife acceptance factor). Not to mention we are about to hit prime grilling season. So, I've narrowed my choice to these two models.

Echo SRM 210 and Husky 123L.

I'm leaning toward the Husky as it has 24cc vs the 21.2cc on the echo. The Husky also only weighs 10lbs as apposed to 12.5.

Recommendations please.....
  2. dwost

Anyone??? Is one better or are they too similar to compare.
  3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no experience with the Husky but my dealer is a big fan of Echo. He sells Husky too and is not a big fan of them. The SRM210 is good for homeowner use. I just picked up the SRM230 at Home Depot. They have a special plan whereby you don't pay anything for a year. I like the trimmer, not as good as my Shindaiwa t230 but not bad. My dealer reccommended the 230 over the 210 for increased power.
  4. dwost

I appreciate the input. I do like the Echo's as that is what I planned on originally getting. My question is on the stats. The husky seems to have more power for the $$ not to mention lighter weight. I also heard they have great torque and head speed. Not sure if this is BS or not.
  5. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

the "stats" are made up by the manufacturer.

The Echo is the better all around choice due to great dealer support and awesome parts availability.

You can even get some parts after hours at Home Depot..

Buy the SRM-210 from a local servicing dealer and you can't go wrong
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned both. Ran Echo for many years and Husky for the last 3 -4 years. You're right in your assumptions.......the Husky IS more power and less weight. Get the Husky.
  8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I hate my ehco trimmer, the husky looks very similar, the head and set up....... ??????? if those r your choices, try the husky.
  9. mr scag

mr scag LawnSite Member
    from n e oh

i run all echo small equipment and for 15 yrs. highly recommend them
  10. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've run husky, echo, and shindaiwa. Husky trimmers win......hands down. You will love the weight and power. No mechanical problems, and always start and run right.