Trimmer Rotation Clockwise??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crosson lawn, Jul 8, 2005.

1. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

I am left-handed but i have my brother-in-law working with me and we see how we could mak a trimmer turn the RIGHT way for right handed people. We (like many have said or thought) have come to the conclusion that we should have the choice of which way the head will turn and i am thinking of patenting a head that is compatible with both stihl and husqvarna trimmers.
    I think that we can produce these heads can be produced for less than 50 bucks so that right handed peeps can enjoy the ease that left handed peeps do.

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

You just trim in the other direction instead. Its that simple. As far as getting the head to change directions, its not just the head you'll need to change, the engine will have to rotate in the other direction, or you'll have to come up with a reversible clutch/tranny or something.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

No its not.

John

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I've operated trimmers that rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise. Its not that hard to use either one. Just start on the opposite side of the yard and trim in the opposite direction. I'm right handed and use a counter-clockwise trimmer.

5. John Gamba

from ct

Im not that good Ed. I get Covered.

John

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just hold the trimmer left handed. That's what I do and I am right handed.

7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Im right handed and use a trimmer that turns counter clockwise i cant use one that turns clockwise.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I never really paid attention to wich way the head spunn,I just go ba...ls out and do it.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Same here :confused:

John

10. John Gamba

from ct

As Kelly, Mr Martin Your better then i am :cry:

John