Trimmer String

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowinginva, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Who cares if they make fun. Most guys would laugh at everything I own.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Glad you was joking I see a lot people doing that.

On this one Factory One LCO did that and used something that last a year but bad thing everytime it rained his area he sprayed got wider and wider and wider by time it stop killing There was no grass 4ft away from the building some places it was more where ever the rain water flowed it killed.

I had to seed it all back If I remember right was like 80k sqft he killed off
    He didn't even have a license to spray first place. He got fined by the state . He went out business that year to.

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I know all too well about it leaching out from the fence. My neighbor does it to his side of our fence every year, and it leaches over into my yard up to a foot in places. He is an older guy with really bad knees and doesn't like to trim his side. I've offered to do it but he doesn't want me to for some reason. I get along great with him, and he always does me favors when I need them so I don't complain too much, but I am going to tell him to leave it this year if I see he is doing it again.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What town you from

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm in central MI

6. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I currently am using up a spool of the Echo crossfire line and its not that great for trimming and edging. I'll probably give the Oregon line a try as I have a friend who swears by it but I also have a friend who likes the ugly line as well.

7. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

I always love it when my customers take the initiative and do that themselves.:)

8. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, so forget the Echo Crossfire.

9. bjack312

bjack312 LawnSite Member

This is definitely my favorite.

10. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you! I always get this line in replacement heads and I love it, but I can never find where to buy it. Where do you get this stuff? Preferably on a spool