Trimmer Survay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, May 12, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

What brand and model trimmer do u use?How many cc is it? You can wrte a comment if you like.<p>Thanks, Nick

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nick,<br>Shindaiwa: T-230x: 25cc: Only a week old, I like the power, its heavier than my Homelite (RIP) after another week I should be carrying it like an M-16.

3. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

I just got a stihl fs 85 and it is 25 cc.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

2 - Shindaiwa T-270's 27cc. We like them for the power and the longer shaft. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa T270. Lot's of power.

6. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

shindua f-21.... has taking many @$$ kickens and keeps on trimmin!

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa T-230.

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

homelite st-275. almost no one will admit to using a low end trimmer. however, the rotation of the head is clockwise which I like instead of counter like all of the big buck brands.<p>also, it has no clutch so ou can trim grass against a young tree without peeling a ring around the tree. ring a tree or shrub and it will die.<p>they cost less than $100 and will last for several years (two or more).<p>if you have heavy duty trimming to do (huge grass and a bunch of it)...one of the big buck models would probably be best.<p>GEO

9. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Sthil fs 85 and an older 76.I love Sthil:)

10. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa T-27, 27cc's and about 7 years old with a fully automatic head. Never been real crazy about the head, sometimes it feeds great, some times it doesn't. If the string welds together forget it, you have to take it apart. It's almost worn out so I need a replacement head. Also I took the angled gearbox apart and tapped the grease port for a std. grease fitting. Makes it easy to grease but you have to be careful not to over grease it. I've been more than satisfied with the trimmer, I use 92 octane and Husky 50 to 1 mix, cranks on the first pull virtually every time. Grateful