trimmer that attaches to mower deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by david griggs, Feb 2, 2002.

1. david griggs

david griggs LawnSite Member

what do you guys think about this? if it works, it'll be the greatest thing since riding mowers.

0112ma6.jpg

2. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you invent it ?

3. david griggs

well ,sort of... ive had the idea in my head for years,but i did a search and found a couple of them. someone beat me to it. i forgot to give the web site- http://www.greenindustry.com/ope/2001/0112/0112ma.asp ... gees i hate these stupid addresses. i wish i knew how to send a link.:blob2:

4. Downeast

You gonna get one ?

5. david griggs

i'm gonna get two!! i developed tendonitis in my elbows from years of weedeating,ive cured that, but i dont want it coming back. besides this way i can sit on my a$$ all summer. hehe!

6. Downeast

I will be looking forward to your post on how they do . I am going to check out the link so I dont have to ask all the how does it questions.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

8. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Dave,

I know this is not related but could you tell me what you did about the tendanitus?

Thanks,

Ed

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There is another mower trimmer similar to the one from Peco. It's made by a company called 4M Inc. There are differences between the two trimmers and they are substantial.

Peco $400
    4M $679 (commercial model)

Peco: The trimming head doesn't move in and out
    4M : The trimming head swivels in and out and is controlled by a foot pedal

Peco: The trimming head uses a fixed length trimming line that must be replaced when it gets too short
    4M : The trimming head uses a bump feed trimming head, you advance the line by bumping a rod on top of the trimmer

Peco: Very low unit making it easy to get underneath of fences, small ornamental trees and the like
    4M : This unit is pretty high because of the bump feed rod

Peco: Unit folds up towards the operator when not in use
    4M : Unit folds back towards the rear tire for storage

Both units are electrically powered

Both unit's trimmer heads articulate so you can edge with them

Both units are height adjustable

Peco: The trimming head can be replaced with any standard trimming head
    4M : The trimming head is proprietary to 4M and replacements must be bought from them.

In case you're wondering, yes, I have checked both of them out in detail but I have never actually seen either one. 4M is a company that is new to me and the Peco unit is brand new and may not be available at your local dealer yet.

10. david griggs