Trimmer Trader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

I have a john deere trimmer that will soon become my backup i am looking into buying a new trimmer that will need to service 180+ accounts per week. I own a stihl edger and am very pleased with it however it seems to be unbalanced and somewhat heavy. Yesterday i borrowed one of my uncles echo's and wow was i amazed the little 2 stroke seemed to have more power was a lot quieter and weighed almost half as much I am wondering if there are any other differences between other brands such as Redmax, husquavanas, and shindaiwas please help me with your experience with them and the pros and cons of each.

2. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

This trimmer is going to service 180+ accounts in a week? Not possible.

3. Royallawncare

Obvioiusly not alone you know what i mean i need a strong commercial trimmer that will leave me with no down time for some of my crews i need one that will last a few years without breaking down on me also is there any kind of mpg or way to track how efficiently each trimmer runs?

4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl FS130 should do ya, it weighs in at 13.00 pounds or you could go for the FS 250R same weight the power is listed at 2.15, while the 130 is listed at 1.7 HP just depends on if you want to go for the mix 4 or not

5. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

get the 110(stihl) or the 270(shindaiwa)

180+ accounts and you only have one trimmer?

6. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

There is no perfect trimmer. I sell RedMax and I think it's the best, but they are not perfect. All of the machines you use are man made and will go down at some point, some earlier than others. Do plan on down time and get you a back up trimmer. :)

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Your "crews" are going to share 1 trimmer????

8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a joke???

9. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yea by the way he's 16

10. Royallawncare

This is not the first time i have been mistaken for being 16 on this site and i dont know whether i put that i was 16 when i started this or i was really 16 when i registered on this site i am now 19 and am running a full blown lco either way could you guys help me out and no this trimmer will not service all the accounts i am selling all of my old equiptment i have a few john deere trimmers i will be using as backups but want to outfit my crews with some new trimmers can i please get your opinions?