1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Trap Blade Blocker or other Add ons like it.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Self_Paid1, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

Can any one post pictures of your Blade Blocker Applications on your mowers and also give opinions the pros and cons of it. Also another products that are out there that are similar to the blade blocker for ZTR's
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A short piece of 2x4 and a clamp does just fine.
  3. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had the trimmer trap brand on my ZTR rider and didnt like the design as much as some others. But the one for the walk behind is awesome. I will probably get the advanced chute for my new rider.
  4. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one on my hustler mini z and that was one of the best investments I have made. It saves soo much time by not having to blow the grass out of the beds. Plus the beds will stay fresh (grass free) much longer!

I choose QwikChute because it was the only one that fit my specific model. They are custom made specifically for virtually every make and model! It is spring loaded so it is easier to open and close. You can set it to three different positions, open, closed, and partial discharge.

The customer service is great! I had to have my lever replaced due to a bad weld (atypical) and they replaced and shipped it for free even though the warranty was over. Will definitely purchase QwikChutes for every mower in the future!!

5. AllAmericanlawn

AllAmericanlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. But a little more expensive at around $300.
  6. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

I was looking at the blade blocker as well who has one?
  7. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a trimmertrap blocker for my 36 metro. I sold the mower before I got around to installing it. If I can not figure out a way to make it fit my Hustler mini z 36 I will sell it.
  8. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

I can get a good deal on a Blade Blocker here from a local dealer. The other alternatives are Power Chute or attempt to make my own.
  9. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

lol I've never understood the point of these when full on mulching kits are the best thing you could ever do to your ZTR. A chute blocker, all that grass just hits that door and falls to that side. Mulching kit you get an extremely even cut and everything shoots straight down into the turf...Mulching kits could very well be the best thing made.

For exceptional quality it's either mulch or bag. Side discharge just looks terrible, and even if you blow at the end you're adding alot of precious time to 1 lawn.
  10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Only looks terrible if you run a under power mower
    In a post you made on a thread you said you have to mow twice to get a even cut with a mulching kit