1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Trap dual blower racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bruces, Jun 30, 2003.

1. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at getting a Trimmer Trap dual blower rack.

I can't tell from their web site or brochure if there is any provision to hold the blower tubes in place.

Does anyone know?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I don't think there is, but I could be mistaken...so basically I didn't help you out at all:(
  3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

This is what I done for a single rack for a Stihl. Its a square hanger bolt attached to the top rail on my trailer. This might give you an idea. I got less than $5.00 in this tube holder for a single.

dads pictures 001.jpg
  4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

The gear caddy blower poles do not have anything to hold them.

Sorry, I just don't know.
  5. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have the BR single blower rack and it does not have a included tube holder. Its easy to make one. Just inconvenient.
  6. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I have two of the dual blower poles from Trimmer Trap and they do not have anything for the tubes.

7. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

On Trimmer Trap's Tips section it recomends using 6" pvc coupler secured to trailer to secure blower tube.
  8. Downeast

Downeast LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Gear Caddy.

What I did was get one of those plastic ties . You need one at least 14 to 16 inches.

I looped it through the main post and the back clamping bracket, and between the top lock pin and the top clamp spring.

Make sure the loop is large enough to easily pass it over and off the blower tube.

Works great. I am only running one blower off the double pole at the moment, but I think that all I will have to do is add another tie for another blower. With the one blower I am using the bottom hanger.

The blower tube will run be running up with the pole when done.

I just went out and tried it on the top hang,and can see that the top blowers tube will have to point down and over the rail. Another tie around the rail would do to secure the tube with ease.The blower tube did not stick out pass the trailers fender.

Anyway thats what i did

Good luck.
  9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I am thinking of getting one of those cut to length bugees and somehow securing it to the blower pole. Then I just secure the tube when I lock them in.
  10. 1st Class Lawns

1st Class Lawns LawnSite Member

I cut a piece of 4" black sewer pipe about 14" long and secured it to the trailer with (2) large hose clamps.
    1st Class Lawn Service
    Wake Forest, NC