Trimmer Trap Racks & Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Apr 17, 2005.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

Anyone own the ET/TT-2 trimmer trap rack for an enclosed trailer? I just purchased one and did not realize but these things are extremely heavy. I have a nice trailer with 16" center wall posts and 3/8 plywood. The racks are so damn heavy i think they will rip the wall down if i hit a bump really hard.

Does anyone use trimmer trap for their enclosed, and how are they working out??
    They already cost me a miniature fortune, but think they will cost me even more down the road, because i think i will have to repair the side and inside of the trailer if i install them. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions.
    Thanks

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

First off, I have the tt2-pro4 for open trailers. They are heavy aren't they? Someone posted how they might twist on a trailer but, I don't think so. Rest assured, if you can get them mounted you'll love them. Good luck.

3. VnDrWLawnCare

I am not going to mount them. I am going to try and return them. I just think they are overkill. With the weight of the racks and three trimmers i estimate the weight to be around 75 pounds. That is alot hanging 10 inches away from the wall of the trailer IMO. Everyone talks about them, and i have used them in the past for an open trailer and work great, but just think it is a little much for the enclosed.

If nobody has them for an enclosed, that just might tell me something!

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what i have in my enclosed///It holds 3, its still there, no issues with the racks pulling from the wall, its all about how you mount it. Hope it helps! :)

5. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

No problems with them at all. Do not hesitate to mount them. If you are worried talk to your trailer dealer and ask them to install them for you. In our enclosed we have the ET/TT-2 and a ET/TT-2 PRO-4.

Scott

6. VnDrWLawnCare

Give me some details on the quality of your walls and rails. Do you have any pictures of them. Did you attach them to something like a 2X 4 or a 3/4 piece of plywood? I just thought that is kinda ridiculous to have to attach something else to support the weight of the rack.

I actually just build myself some for about 20 bucks today. I think they will work just fine.

Anybody else have any experience with the trimmer trap racks??

Thanks
    Eric

7. VnDrWLawnCare

bump, bump bump....

8. VnDrWLawnCare

I think the fact that only one person on this site has remarked about owning the trimmer trap for an enclosed trailer makes a point. The point being that others are concerned about the amount of weight of the hardware to be mounted to the sidewall. And the fact that additional bracing is needed to support these things.

I have only heard good things about the one for open trailers, so that is why i gave them a try.
    Anyone else out there own some for an enclosed??

Eric

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope this helps! can't get it to load, look under pictures and you will see my racks...they work fine and worth the cost to me.

10. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have them in my trailer. I did not buy the TT brackets. I used angle iron to span across a couple of the wall studs - and then mounted the racks off them.

Shayne