Trimmer Trap Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by raschmid07, Jun 5, 2006.

1. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I just bought three Trimmer Trap Racks, one for the weedeaters and two for the blowers. The ST-1, the track for the 340, works fine with the pin to hold it in place. However, the BR550 rack doesn't have a pin-type system to secure it on. I about lost the blower hitting a bump today, about giving me a heart attack. What do you guys use to hold the blower in place for this rack? Pictures would be great too. Thanks for your help.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Wow glad I didn't break and go with the trimmer trap! Let me know how you resolve that, the jungle jim one has a latch that you can lock.

Scarey having the blower hanging off the side of a trailer isn't it!

3. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Are you maybe *supposed* to use a bungee with that Trimmer Trap model?

I've got a BR600 that I need a rack for... is Jungle Jims the way to go?

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

your supposed to bungee the blower tube at least on a trimmer trap, not sure if your supposed to bungee the whole thing.

The jungle jim one is nice because it has the hook for the tube and you can lock the blower down with that latch for transit if you want. I also like their adapter plate better then TT, the TT one needed 4 holes drilled in the back of my blower, the jungle jim one uses the stock bolt thats on the back rest and you have to drill one hole only.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Trimmer Trap br-1 we use a bungee.The frame has two holes you can tie a bungee around the blower.It is pretty secure .The Trimmer Trap for the Sthil 500 and 600 series blowers is a different setup,we haven't purchased a rack for the new Sthil's yet and I can't offer you feedback about the Trimmer Trap Sthil blower rack .

6. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I just decided to use a bungee to secure the rack, not the best thing but it works. Otherwise, I love both my other racks. I would definetly recommend the Trimmer Trap to you guys considerning it, but the "Turtleback" racks are kinda a pain. Hope that helps. By the way I had to weld all these racks one because I couldn't drill through my trailer.