trimmer trap TT-1 vs trimmer trap TT-2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Mar 7, 2006.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I will mount this on inside of dump trailer. I am currently a one man crew and only need 2 spots on the trimmer rack. But should i get the 3rd with the tt-2 and anybody have experience with tt-1? Is it easy to use?

2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Very easy to use.

3. samk

samk LawnSite Member

I have the tt-1 on my open trailer tends to eat my foam on trimmer handle after time.

4. clydesdale

is the TT-2 less likely to chew foam? How about the locking system on the TT-1? Thanks

5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I had aTT-1 on my open trailer and was happy with it. Needed another slot and bought a TT-2. The locking arms/forks ate the foam off both trimmers in a week. They seem to hold too tight for the trimmers to rotate to a neutral postion. Other than that problem, I like the TT-2 better for ease of use.

Jim

6. clydesdale

whoa, what are you guys saying, the trimmertrap that i want to order tt-1 or tt-2 will eat the handles off my trimmers? What the hell good is that? I thought these things were top of the line?

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The top of the line is GridIron!

8. clydesdale

what is with the TT eating the trimmer foam handles????

9. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the Trimmer Trap 3 place model, it doesn't eat the whole handle away. Over time there will be a wear spot on the rubber on the side of the trimmer, you can less this by adding foam or padding in the trimmer spot on the rack. I would recommend the trimmer trap that holds four, because it is nice to have a spot for a pole hedge trimmer, and be able to carry two trimmers and a edger.

10. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Adam. The foam wrap is what was damaged, not the metal shaft of the trimmer. I probably could have then or now fixed the problem by spreading the holding brackets a little. What seems to be happening is the bracket holds the trimmer shaft, where the foam cushion is, to tightly. The vibration going down the road causes the trimmer to rotate in the rack. This rotation and the tight grip of the rack gives the foam a kind of "Indian Burn", like we used to do to our little brothers wrists. This will ware off or tear the foam.

The racks are indeed first class or I would not still have them on my rig.
    I hope I've clarified my initial, poor report.

Jim