Trimmer Trap users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using TrimmerTrap racks for years (TT-2), but I might be doing it wrong. How do your trimmers fit into the racks? I mean, on the powerhead end (the right side of the rack), do you put the grip of the trimmer in the "V" / hook or do you put the shaft in it (close to the handle)? I have been putting the shaft near the end of the handle in the hook but they sure seem to shake around alot while going down the road. But I just looked at the TrimmerTrap website and it shows a trimmer in the trap with the handle in the hook. Do you guys do it this way? I would like to do it like the picture shows but am afraid it will tear up the handles. I know they will shake less this way which would be better for the unit but I don't want to be replacing grips. Thanks in advance.

2. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I put my handle in the trap.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You put the handle, some trimmers fit tighter than others.

4. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, handle in the hook. That's how I do it anyways.

Reason 1: they don't spin or bounce.

Reason 2: I'd rather replace the grip than the shaft. It will wear a hole in the grip if it's not tight, but it's better than having a hole in the shaft.

5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I could not agree more with GLS

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I put the handel in it. I can't fit a lock in the top when I do though. Holes don't line up anymore with it in there.

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok. Thank ya'll. BTW, I do have some heavy wear spots on my shafts, so last year I put some electrical flexy conduit around the trouble spots and wrapped with electrician's tape. It did the trick but I never came up with a clever way to reduce the bouncing. But now I know how to stop that too! Thanks again. I think my trimmers will last longer this way.

8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

I had to drill a extra hole for the lock to fit so I could put the trimmer handle grips in the trap.

9. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

We have stihls-and put the rubber handle in the clamp. It was wearing the grip, so we ordered plastic grip guards from TT that zip tie on to the prongs. They do help....just call trimmer trap.

10. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

I had the same problem with the shaft rubbing I put a piece of heater hose on the shaft.