Trimmer Trap vs. Jungle Jims

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tramahor, Mar 11, 2004.

1. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Ok guys I'm looking to get a trimmer rack for my f250. I need it to hold two echo pas 261. ( one with the weedeater head and the other with the articulating hedge trimmer ) My question is what do you have and how do you like it. I think I am favoring the Trimmer Trap because it looks well made and also has the spool attachment. Also with the pas with the removable attachments whats to stop someone to take off the attachment and take the powerhead? All you have to do is pull the pin and turn the knob and its apart. Thanks for your thoughts

Stone Creek Landscaping :confused:
  2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

By the same token, it dosen't take much to remove the motor off the shaft of any trimmer. Loosen 1 nut, throttle cable, and kill switch wire. (well, the hand grip would add to the total time, but then again, only 1 bolt holding the gear head on, not counting the guard......take them off on the way home)
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have trimmer traps and I really like them.... I guess if they want the part that bad they can have it.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a trimmer trap and really like it. The one I have will hold 3 trimmers. The trimmer won't roll when it is on the rack. And very easy loading.
  5. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

just wanted to bump up to the front
  6. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

I also have trimmer traps. One hand lifts the lever and the other is taking the machine off. No pins to loose, single lever to operate, can't get much easier than that. I hate those trimmer racks that have 6 pins to loose. Not a very wise idea in my mind.
  7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have all trimmer trap products on our trailers, there trimmer racks are the simplest on the market, one lock secures all three trimmers on the TT-2. There are no pins to forget to put in, all it takes is just one slide to remove anyone of the trimmers.

Lovell's Lawn Care
  8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I worked at a mower shop last year that sold the JJ products. I bought a trimmer trap tt2 pro 4 instead. I do like the JJ single blower mount though and I have one for my Echo 750. The jj system takes an extra step and I didn't like it.
  9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I forgot to mention, you can safety wire your parts and lock them up. TT sells a package with every thing you need or, you can go to tractor supply and buy ferrules and ss braided wire that is just the same.