Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bryan McMullen, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

Are theire any other web sites that have these kinds of products?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

3. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

4. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys !

5. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

I'd pass up on the trimmer trap and go with the Gear Caddy by Jungle Jim. I have both and I preferr the Gear Caddy.

6. Dillon

Dillon LawnSite Member

You can also call Green Touch at 1-800-621-6919, they make the products that stonehams.com carries. Last year they would ship direct and at a better price than I could find at the time.

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

tlcgrounds,
    just out of curiosity, why do you like the Gear Caddy better? Do you have the trimmertrap that holds 2 or 3? Thanks.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a trimmer trap and love the thing. its a 2 place trimmer trap. its real easy to access the trimmers and you can lock them up if you want

9. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

I have both of the three trimmer holders. I like the caddy because it is built put of channel iron instead of angle iron. The caddy doesn't flex near as much as the trap.The way the trimmers are secured is better and easier. Instead of sliding up and down on a spring loaded bar the caddy slides in and out and locks with a twist of a handle. The blowers racks are better on the caddy. You have to be pretty tall and string to push the lever down and lift up on the blower on the trap. My wife can unload both of the blowers on the caddy and she is 5ft 7 inches tall. I also noticed that the trimmer trap rusted easier than the caddy.