1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1999frontier, Apr 13, 2008.

1. 1999frontier

1999frontier LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I've got one that I don't use if you're interested. I bought it for my open trailer and then bought my enclosed a few months later. In very good condition. Only issue is that I only got one cable to attach those clip hooks to the rack itself. Wasn't really an issue for me because I use locks anyway. It kept the trimmer and edger from spinning and liked it.

Let me know if you're interested.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I had one years ago and I think they are nice! If you search around you can find the same basic design as the TT-1, but a different brand that's painted black that has 3 places. (can't think of the name, think they may be on Ebay...)

Anyway, I like the style of racks like this, each trimmer is held secure and won't roll around. I used some spring loaded clips (like these: http://www.rigginglifting.com/produ...ss-Steel-Snap-Hooks/Stainless-Steel--227.html ) Neat thing about them is that you can't forget to secure the trimmer in the rack, if it's not locked in it won't stay in the rack.
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I have one. I like it. Easy to install. Trimmers dont bounce around. I had the rake and shovel holder installed on it also.
  5. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it is a good trimmer rack....not as good as the xtreme trimmer rack....I know I've had both.

Good luck without whatever you buy, Tony.
  6. 1999frontier

from NC

What about curved shaft edgers, will it work and keep the edger secure from rolling around?
  7. cuttenup

cuttenup LawnSite Member
    from NETN

I have that exact set on my open trailer. I have used them for 3 years and love them. No problems getting trimmers in or out. It also has held up well in the weather. They still look really good. I also have the back pack blower holder.
  8. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

my edger works perfect with it. the wheel rests against the rack, holding it perfectly upright.
  9. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

And about what does one of those TT-1's cost? I've looked at the Jungle Jim trimmer racks, but they seemed a little on the steep side.
  10. 1999frontier

from NC

This weekend I was quoted $109.95 for the TT-1(holds two trimmers)