Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekarbeiter, Jun 9, 2008.

1. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

I am looking into building my own trimmer trap for one trimmer and a hand-held blower. Anyone out there got any ideas or pics of homeade ones?
  2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

make sure its lockable. and make it for more than one trimmer. where does the edger go? how are you gonna grow?
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

There are pics all over this website of homemade trimmer racks, use the search feature. I don't know why unless there's some new innovation to be had. You can't build them cheaper with the same quality and features. Tony
    ps Just buy the Trimmer Trap tt2-pro 4 and be done with it like I did.
  4. derekarbeiter

Is the trimmer trap you are talking about able to hold a hand-held blower? And how much is that? I have thought about getting a rack that can hold more than one trimmer, just in case I want to bring a back-up. I have no need for an edger though, I just use the trimmer. Fast and less tools to drag around.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

No, the one I have only holds 4 trimmers. Believe me, you'll probably need it if you stay in this biz, even solo like me. I use the tongue of my trailer for my handheld backup and my backpack is on a seperate rack at the backend of the trailer.
    Here's the thing, if you decide to stay in this biz, get the biggest trailer you can, the best equipment you can and plan for expansion. I started with a 6x12 trailer and then went to a 14, I should have bought a 20 ft trailer. Luckily I bought the 4 place trimmer rack and it's full right now. Tony
  6. derekarbeiter

Thanks, I will look into that. I also work alone and have a small business, so money is tight sometimes. I think by the time I buy materials and build one I could have bought one of these traps, so I'm going to look further into it. Thanks for your input.

7. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought about building my own racks at one time. I saw the ones at Lowes for $70 (didn't buy--very low quality) and thought that I could build some like them for a lot less. After looking at metal, the axle hangers that are used to hold the equipment, and hardware, it would cost...$70. Plus a couple hours in the shop, but that's fun anyway. Those racks didn't offer much (if any) protection against rotation, bouncing, etc. I would mount some Trimmer Traps or something on the trailer, but sometimes all I use is a walkbehind in the bed of my truck. One idea I had was to get a ladder rack for additional tool and material storage and integrate a trimmer rack into that. Not sure what I'll do, so I'll just keep throwing stuff in the bed of the truck or strapping them down on the trailer floor.
  8. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I too have been looking into building one myself. I don't see why they are so expensive. There is nothing to them. I guess if you have the right tools it's not a big deal.
  9. derekarbeiter

Varsity L&G,

That is a sickning picture you have next to your name. I'm glad gas isnt that high around here, YET.:cry:
  10. Please check out our Xtreme Series Trimmer Racks. They are the fastest and most secure system on the market.

You can check our forum here on lawnsite:

For more information or you can go to our website

Remember users get 10% off when they use coupon code: lawnsite1