1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony Harrell, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking at 2 different types of trailers. One has top tube construction and the other is angle. How do Trimmer Trap products attach? Does it matter which type of trailer? I don't think I want to weld onto the trailer because I'll probably need a bigger one in the future. Also, which type of trailer construction is best? I'm looking at 6x10, 6.6x12 single axle.
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey, i believe trimmer traps can be mounted on both, each type of those trailers have pros and cons, i personally like the tube style.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have the tube type trailer. The tube iron surrounds the trailer (approx 2 foot up) and that part is connected with angle iron to the acutal frame of the trailer. That angle iron was what I was going to connect my trimmer traps to (this was before I spent all my money on extra equipmet:) ). I have thought about designing my own trimmer traps, but have not decided yet. When I bought the trailer some one had welded home made trimmer traps to the top of the tubing. I never used them before (I am glad that I didn't, or I would of lost my trimmer and edger). I hope this helps. I personally would prefer an angle trailer. I think it will allow you to add traps (not only for trimmers) a lot more easily!

Good luck!
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Trimmer Trap will install to both. If the tube type is round tube, it'll be harder to drill through, but all thats needed is bolts long enough to pass through the tube and the angle on the TT.