Trimmer Trap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, May 22, 2004.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

without a doubt trimmer trap is the best I feel. Easy to load and unload. Well worth the money
  3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

much better hold of the machines like the trimmer racks hold it tight.
  4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure if you have them in your area, but there are stores called Tractor Supply Company or TSC and they have landscape boxes for the front of your trailers for $99.00 and a trimmer rack identical to what you're looking at for $49.99. Holds three trimmers and with the same 'R' clips and everything. Even comes with mounting bolts or can be welded. or at the bottom of page 274 in their 2004 catalog.
  5. Miller Mowing

Miller Mowing LawnSite Member

I have the one that TSC sells, and I am very pleased with it. I am guessing that there are better units on the market, but none for that little of money. For what I do it works quite well.
  6. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

The TSC ones are good. But I just built one for my trailer with a double set of locks because of all the theft in my area. It cost about 15$ in materials and about an hour of labor.
  7. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

SPend the money on the trimmer trap. I think it is worth the extra money. Most importantly it is fast and easy.

-Only one lock to deal with
    -Mounts to both top and bottom rails of trailer
    -No pins to deal with
    -Just pull up on one knob, raise powerhead end out, then pull string-end out. It's a lot faster and easier than it sounds :)
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Get the trimmer traps. Well built for durability and safety.
  9. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

tt-2 pro 4 is the only one thay mfg
    that is made out of C-channel
    all the rest are angle iron
    but this doesn't matter on
    landscape cadge trailers
    or endclosed trailers
  10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have the tt2 pro 4 and I'm a solo operator. I have 2 trimmers, an edger, and a brush cutter. The trimmer trap is the best and worth every penny. It's real easy to get something cheaper like so many people do with other equipment like mowers and trimmers. Get the best.