1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer Trap's Blade Blocker.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jun 30, 2003.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I helped a guy I work with at the fire station put a Blade Blocker on his 48" (?) Scag Tiger Cub and we were not impressed. The directions were somewhat hard to follow and the pictures in the directions looked liked they contracted out 5th graders to draw them. The hinge for the baffle was a .79 cent hinge that I could have gotten from Wally World, the design looks weak and the only way we could get it to mount is with some parts hanging past the deck meaning that they will get ripped off. He wants to return it but probably can't because of the mods we had to do to it to get it to work, so he is thinking about sending back to Trimmer Trap and telling them to shove it, he has learned his lesson.

Now this surprised me because I have 3 racks from Trimmer Trap and have been very pleased. I would think that a company would what to protect its good rep. by not selling junk.
  2. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have had many dealings with trimmer trap. I would call them and let them know how you feel about the prouduct. They are pretty nice folks and they will prob give you a refund and a few goodies for your trouble.