Trimmer Traps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, Mar 1, 2002.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm doing some work to my trailer this year.
    1. Adding a huge elivated basket to the front of my trailer to keep crap from moving and to keep it safe.
    2. New wheels and tires. Current are needin replacin soon
    3. Super bright blackup lights on the trailer
    4. New trimmer traps ****
    5. Repainting

I made my own and they worked really well.
    I just want a set that I can lock and that look cleaner.

I only run 2 trimmers and was hoping I could get help picking a manufacturer that has good ones.

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Check out their site. www.trimmertrap.com Their number is 1-800-279-8727. I have the TT-2, which holds 3 trimmers securely without rolling. And you load the trimmers alot faster than the one that holds 2. The TT-2 was $179. Can't go wrong. Maybe a bit pricey over other models, but all the others I've seen roll onto their sides.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

greentouch industries makes really good ones too. they are covered in a soft plastic spray in bedliner type material, so they dont scratch or rust. i have them for my encolsed trailer and really like them.

www.green-touch.com

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't mind spending close to $200 for a rack that only holds 2 trimmers then go to http://www.novaecorp.com/frame.htm and check out the "grid iron" trimmer racks. They're made from extruded aluminum so the don't need paint and won't rust. They've got an ingenious locking system and the best part is this: I load my trailer each morning by carrying 1 edger in my left hand, and 1 trimmer in my right hand at the same time, and I can load them both into the trimmer rack and secure them without using the other hand!!! That's right, one handed loading. I've never seen any other rack system that you can do that with. The best part is that once they're loaded they can't fall/bounce out. The racks are infinately adjustable and you can fit from 1 to as many as you can fit on the length of extrusion that the mounting hardware are mounted on. It's difficult to discibe, just go to their site and see. I bitched about the price when I got mine but I wouldn't trade'em for nothing.

5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Jungle Jim's Gear Caddy and love it. I holds 3 trimmers, 2 blowers, trimmer line, and a water jug. Loads and locks easily.http://junglejimsap.com

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Trimmer trap model. Its really nice. I would suggest you get the 3 trimmer one. You'll want it at some point. I keep 2 trimmers and a stick edger on mine.

7. Like Hoss said, but none other compair to it. get one.

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

A neat thing about the trimmer traps (3 place and larger) if that the whole rack can be locked with one padlock.

9. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

TrimmerTrap unit is very nice. Mine holds two trimmers, and a stick edger. Three pieces of equipment and one lock.
    Bill Craig!

10. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

The gridiron racks are the best.