1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmer velke??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJR Lawncare, Aug 31, 2001.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I wish there was such a thing as a trimmer velkie, I am getting to the time of the year when I am sick of string trimming. The walking is really taking a toll on me & tiring me out. Any one else feel this way?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, I have a helper for that. :D

As good as this year has been due to rain, I hope it never ends.
  3. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, He's just getting the hang of things, only took him 7 months. I've got him to the point that he can just about read my mind and go back over an area I think might need a touch up.
    With him on the edger/trimmer and me on the Z it looks like we spent all day on the property. Done in 30 minutes.
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

SJR Lawncare
    I feel the same way, the trimming is the shortest time on the job, but it is wearing me down, with this heat and humidity. :(
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

hoss--isn't you helper soon to go his own way? seems that I have read that post.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, he quit me on 4 hours notice right before the 4th of July. This new guy has taken me from then until recently to get him trained. He's what they call us in boot camp a "rock". But he's finally got pretty good and fast.