Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by foggyjr5, Dec 29, 2005.

1. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a better trimmer for this spring. I was wondering what you guys think would be the best, and how much do they run? I pretty much have a dealer of all types around here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

There are a lot of nice trimmers on the market. I have quite a few shindaiwa t261 and they are great. It is a real nice all around trimmer. The echo 261t seems to be real nice and stihl also. We have a couple redmax, but my guys all like the shindaiwas.

3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

RedMax bcz2400s, great trimmer, cost me about $269. Has been great this season

4. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the stihls, echos, deere, redmax and shindawas. In my many years of experience, the shindawas outlast, out perform all others. They may weigh more than the others, but what little it costs to keep them going, they pay for themselves. Right now we have redmax, and I have an ongoing issue with them. They run great, have great power and use less gas, but after a while, we have issues with their carbs. The only reason we have used them thus far is because of a fleet discount we recieve. Personally, I will start replacing them with the Shins starting next year.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My Shindiawa T230 is going into it's 6th season with no expensive maintenance. Only thing I have had to invest in (other than fuel and plugs) had to do with the head. I think the T231 replaced the T230 though.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Like my Stihl FS110, the 4-mix has incredible low-end torque. Got mine I think for around..380?