Trimmer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawn1787, Mar 5, 2006.

1. lawn1787

lawn1787 Banned

Im am new to the business and need help. first what would you guys rather get a stihl or an echo trimmer, second what model. I was looking at the stihl 100 RX 4 mix what do you think of it?

Thanks for the help

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

kawasaki is my favorite then echo.

3. lawn1787

lawn1787 Banned

Thanks for info

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I have both a Kawasaki and a RedMax. I like the Kawasaki, but love the RedMax. Won't mess with Echo ever again.

5. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

I started out with 2 echo 260s but have since changed to the stihl 4mix and they seem to be holding up a lot better.
    We have 5
    1- FC110 edger
    2-fs110
    2fs100rx
    The 100s are lighter but just as powerful, the downfall is that they do not accept any attachments. For example the hedge trimmer or chain saw. For just a little bit more money the 110 has more flexability.

6. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

we use the echo srm210 their not great on power but light, reliable and cheap

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

redmax bcz2400s

8. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Stihl 100. More power than Ill ever need thats for sure.

Good unit so far, no complaints. My advice is dont buy too powerful or expensive a unit. The low end commercial trimmers are all youll need for daily trimming.

9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

If there is a red-max dealer near you, check them out. best trimmer i've ever owned (and i've been through a bunch):weightlifter:
    good luck

10. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

i have 2 shindaiwas 1 is a 22t and one is a t-231 i like the t-231 the best the 22t is more of a homeowner model with a straight shaft i think.