trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jp6, May 12, 2008.

1. jp6

jp6 LawnSite Member

If you are going to buy a trimmer for commercial purposes would a brush cutter with the trimmer head on it be a good choice. I was just wondering if the handles that come with a brush cutter are a pain if your going to use it a lot for trimming and have it for the occasional brush job.

2. 19-SAH-98

19-SAH-98 LawnSite Member

Yes the handles are a pain! I think they wear you out faster....I have the bike handles on an Echo 260, and I tried using it for general trimming...I quickly went back to the Shindaiwa 242.

But I've seen a lot of guys using bike handles on trimmers...but they could have been "the new guy".

3. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I have a 40cc Husky clearing saw with a weedeater head and it has torque that a regular weedeater won't even think about. I use it to do a lot of clearing as well and it's priceless-my next one will be the Stihl FS550. If you're doing banks, ditches, fences, and heavy cutting, that's the way to go. The weight is on your shoulders versus your arms and it's less fatiguing when you walk a lot. However, for general trimming, use a loop handle and get the lightest thing possible-23-25cc is all you need. Hope this helps.:)