1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimmers (again...)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

So it sound like stihl fs 85 is the way to go. My first commercial trimmer was an fs 74 (year ago) it did a great job but was used when I bought it and died an early, ugly death. I replaced it with an echo srm2601. goood machine 6+ years still running. It does however tend to dig in to the grass now and then and it seems like the stihl never did that.

So the other day i bought a Redmax. All they had was the 2500 and to say the least I am not impressed. It does about the same as the old echo. I find myself thinking about buying an fs 85 just because I want a trimmer that holds the line and has tons of power. Give me a vote here...remax, echo, or stihl. (no shin at this time)
  2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I ran a redmax 25-- w/ my old employer... I liked it but I like my new FS85 better... The trimmer head on the redmax was a pain in the *** to open when it was dirty... the stihl is easier than easy to re-load....... I've only had my stihl about a week, but it's got my vote:D
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I vote STIHL.....I have all Stihl products. Never had any problems..... yet....

Let me know if you have any questions about the trimmers.

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Navig8r: You know you can put a Stihl trimmer head ony almost any trimmer.....I use one on my Echo. Much better head.