1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmers and edgers: which are best?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by win1free, Mar 31, 2004.

1. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

I have Echho trimmer and edger, but they are wearing out. Want brand and models should I replace them with?

2. Joe25

Joe25 LawnSite Member

I would go with Echo again. I have always been quite satisfied with all of Echo's power equipment. Their equipment is very reliable and I have had very few problems. I would go with ECHO
  3. codywyomingus

codywyomingus LawnSite Member

Echos aren't what they use to be! Go with a stihl !!! Twice the machine, for not much more money! Only buy from a dealer who can service them when needed !!
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Might as well put in a vote for Shindiawa.....they run and run....

5. codywyomingus

codywyomingus LawnSite Member

yes both stihl & shindaiwa are excellent choices!!
  6. GCMow

GCMow LawnSite Member

Echo are the best get the 260 size. I have ran Stihl and thay give me blisters on my hands from the vibrations.
  7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I bought an Echo 260, I believe is the model number with the new "tornado" engine. Runs great, starts easily. I just today purchased a Stihl FC85 edger, which I haven't even started yet. I bought it largely because of it being mentioned on so many postings. It seemed to be the favorite of many users of this site.
  8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Echo trimmers, edgers, and blowers. I am going to buy several new pieces this year and was thinking about another brand but I have never had a Echo to go out on me so I will prob stay with them.
  9. Toehill

Toehill LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Geez you guys arent working hard enough if your ECHOS arent dying......Go with the REDMAX the asian engineers seem to be the best that 7001 blower is the best around I replaced all my blowers trimmers and edgers with REDMAX
  10. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha... Toehill, we put those echos through total abuse. When I say we have never had one go out on us I mean as far as engines blowing up etc... every now and then I have to fool around with a couple of things and change the spark plugs, air filters etc.. If I am able to get 2 years out of them I am happy, they have paid for themselves plus made me a great profit.