1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Butchs Lawn, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Butchs Lawn

Butchs Lawn LawnSite Member

read lot threads on best trimmers .but i'm looking for one that does more than just trims.i know sthil comes with many different heads. But what about your favorite brand?what are prices in your area for this attachments? thanx's in advance.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

think echos got a version of this ,ryoby also although some that have tried theres didnt like it much.oh yea there is the green machine ,if there still in buisiness . havnt seen one lately around here.
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Shindaiwa now makes attachments for thier T-230 trimmer (perhaps others models too, not sure).
    I'm getting an articulated hedge trimmer attachment for mine (soon I hope!).
    Not sure what other attachments are available though.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have the echo srm 2400 sb split shaft trimmer. i also bought the edger attachment and the broom for it. all three attachments work great. you can switch them so easily and it comes in real handy. i havent had any problems with it, so i recommend it.
  5. SLC1

SLC1 Guest

I second that about Echo, we are running the SRM2400's we have four of them, we also have the weed wacker, hedge trimmer, edger, power broom and brush blade and they work excellent, Just My two cents
  6. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i have an echo proattachment series model 2601 (26cc) i have the hedgetrimmer ($179 but well worth it for tall bushes) edger ($89 hardly used just flip the trimmer around and use it to edge) and trimmer ($99) all work well i just dont use the edger dont really have a need for it i guess cept in the spring. this machine has plenty of power and i have no drawbacks to it i think i paid about $260 for the machine it self and i am getting the sweeper later this season for the leaves and sand in winter for about $200.
    many brands make these including remax, stihl, echo, homeowner john deere and ryobi/sears at home depot and shindawia (sp?)
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I run all Stihl equipment. I like the power and feel of the FS85 trimmers. I have a hedge trimmer attachment that fits on and works well. Take the trimmer head off with 2 screws and put the hedge trimmer head on with 2 screws.