Trimmers/Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A&M Landscaping, Jul 16, 2004.

1. A&M Landscaping

A&M Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am in the market for some new trimmers and blowers. Any ideas what are the best brands.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't used any other kind of equipment but I have been very happy with my shindaiwa weed wackers and blowers.

3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

Redmax!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Just awsome"

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

ECHO. I got a 13 year old PB-400E back pack blower and it still starts on the 1st pull. Its has 6 season of commical use. 7 years of my "hard on equipment" father using it when he owned it. I would buy another one in a heart beat if this one died. I have a 8 or 9 year old one i got used, that starts on the second pull. Its has a lot of time on it.

5. Turfman999

Turfman999 LawnSite Member

I purchased two Kawasaki units 3 years ago. They have been absolutely great. The only thing I have ever done to them would be to replace the spark plug. They are lightweight and run very quietly. They cost approx. $250-300 each. I have only used 2-3 different brands, but I don't thik you could go wrong on these!

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

For me it would be Kawasaki for trimmers, and Redmax or Shindaiwa for blowers. But I believe just about any "commercial grade" stuff ought to be OK.