1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmers I'm looking at.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Mar 19, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'm looking ahead with which trimmer I want to go with. I have two stihl 80/85s now and won't be buying anymore stihl equipment mostly because of dealer support. My two main dealers sell redmax echo and shindaiwa. I was looking at the shindaiwa t 242. What's the pros and cons on it? Also a echo srm260s or 261t if I can still get one. Pros and cons? Or a redmax bcz2601s. Pros and cons? Any advice on which to get is appreciated.
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Try an ECHO And if you buy one Get the SRM-265T..I love all my ECHO's I'll be getting another Trimmer (SRM-265T) and another Blower PB-755T..:usflag:
  3. S man

I bet the echos are more balanced than stihl. Have you had any carb problems with your echos??
  4. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered a new srm 280S was looking at 2 new srm 265S' s but he had a last years model srm260S so i got the last one and spent a little extra to get a 280S also. Seems like a nice trimmer but not sure how heavy it is cause they did not have any new ones in yet.
  5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Are you open to Maruyama which have 5 years commercial warrante? Or you have up to your ears with warrante!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like the 30cc big one, only 11.2lb.

I have no experience with Maruyama, mainly look at them being at the stage of trying to get back into the market, they are trying to please customer and hopefully you will have better luck with service. I hold their stuff and I like it, not saying anything more.

I am turn off by Shindaiwa. I wrote to them 3 times through their site to ask question, they never responded. They acknowledge recieving my request, just never answer back. This don't make me few any better than Stihl. I am looking at multi tool with short reach hedge trimmer attachment. Only Shindaiwa and Husqvarna offer that combination. I think I am going to Husqvarna because I wrote to Husqvarna 3 times asking questions and requset for parts diagram. Husqvarna responded promply and send everything I want. This show customer care.

Keep us inform on what you end up with.:waving::waving:
  6. S man

I'm leaning to the redmax and maybe echo. I never have used a shindaiwa.
  7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Redmax is suppost to start selling their new trimmers with the new maxcelerator pumps in May. All three you are looking at are well made trimmers, but I sure wish one of the dealers you like carried Kawasaki. If you can please give Kaw a try.
  8. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe now's the time to try a T242! If you don't like it you can always take it back within 7 days.
  9. Lawdog302

Lawdog302 LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa is awsome. I've been running mine 7 years. So far its been my favorite over Redmax, Stihl and Echo.
  10. S man

Actually I forgot to mention one of my dealers does sell kawasaki handhelds. I hust never really thought of trying one. Is the shindaiwa t 242 compare power and weight wise to the echo 261t and redmax 2601s?