Trimmers

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Lumby_08, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Lumby_08

Lumby_08 LawnSite Member

Just wandering what the best trimmer for the buck is. I won't be buying until next spring, but was just looking for some suggestions for now. I have mowed for someone else for the past 4 or 5 seasons and we normally used the Shindaiwa T231 and a Stihl, but I am not sure what model it was. I was pleased with the T231 but didn't know if you guys suggested something with a little more power behind it. Thanks,

Lumby's Lawn Care

"Your lawn is our reputation"

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Echo SRM261T, the older FS85 Stihl, and Shindaiwa, well, I use any shindaiwa I can get.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i am switching to husky. more power and less weight. i have a 323 and 326. the 326 is the better motor in think. the quality of echo has gone down the tubes. no more for me. shindawia is my second choice. also check out robin if you want a ultra lite trimmer

4. lawnboy dan

i am switching to husky. more power and less weight. i have a 323 and 326. the 326 is the better motor in think. the quality of echo has gone down the tubes. no more for me. shindawia is my second choice. also check out robin if you want a ultra lite trimmer

5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I agree about the huskies, my problem, is keeping them running at idle. its frustrating to have it idling fine one second, and the next, it just dies.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use Robin trimmers, they weigh 8.5 pounds and are great for weekly trimming. They may be a little underpowered for brush clearing. I keep a Stihl fs85 for that. If you have a Robin dealer in the area give it a try and see how ya like it. Its a lot of trimmer for the money, my oldest is three seasons old and still going strong

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you want a smaller timmer...the Echo SRM230 would be a light unit that is reliable and easy to work on. It is a pure 2 stroke. If you go up to the SRM261 you get a lot of power and adjustable carb which is nice.

8. greenscapes inc.

greenscapes inc. LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I use the huskys also, great trimmers. Go with the 326 or 323. I have about 5 stihls sitting in my shop that I never use because I hate them.

9. lawnboy dan

my huskys run smooth as silk. they are one of the last to have adjustment screws on the carb. your must just need an adjustment