1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DiMassa33, Aug 31, 2006.

1. DiMassa33

DiMassa33 LawnSite Member

What do you guys prefer along the lines of trimmers, straight shafted or curved, and what brands?

Right now I have a lesco, yea most of you probally have never heard of lesco trimmers, but i demoed it at my local shop and loved it. I have an edger but I just use my trimmer cause it works great. It is a straight shaft. Im in the market for a new one and just would like some suggestions.

2. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

before the "boys" start slamming you for a repeated question try a search I know this has been asked 10 fold,,

But Stihl and Redmax RULE this bord, I owen a redmax 2400 and it kick azz
  3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

First I dont think you will find a curved shaft trimmer meant for commercial use. They are mainly targeted toward homeowners and most of the time do not offer a commercial warranty of any kind.

As for straight shaft models...it depends what you want to do with it. Most of the commercial brands have something for every price/power/weight range. It really depends on what is in your area for service/parts.
  4. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Probably the only trimmer worthy of commercial in the curved variety, would be a Robin NBF252, and that may be strecthing it.
    Very high end unit, with a stated commercial use warranty.
    Check em out.
    Although Stihl and RedMax kick serious butt in straight shaft. Honda is King but very heavy. 15+lbs.

5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

I have been so impressed by my Dolmar ms260-c, I'm buying a second one this thursday while the prices are still low.