Trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Clint, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Im looking to buy a new string trimmer, any suggestions? I was lookin at a husqvarna but i dunno many trimmer brands..

2. clint

Sthil or shindawa

3. nedlm

nedlm LawnSite Member

KAWASAKI TRIMMERS, LIGHT BUT STRONG

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I love Shindawa ...I like the Stihl but that bump head is %$#@, Echo's are great if you can get em to start after about 20 pulls;->

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im with Steve on the Shindawas! We have at least 6 Echo commercial trimmers most bought this and last season but when we demod a Shindawa I thought it to be really HD without the weight. We might sell a few and run the Shindawas for comparison. Husqvana products are very well made so if you like the Huski buy it!

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I like my Stihl's. All cold crank on the 2nd or 3 pull always and have awesome power. The head is very easy to load and I've never had a problem with them. My trimmers get more hours every year than my mowers.

7. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I feel that most of the commercial trimmers are comparable to each other. My dealer sells Red max, so that is what I use. If they sold Echo, then that is what I'd use.

SJR

8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i prefer Redmax

demo a few different units, i'm sure you'll find beter than the Husky.

9. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

ask the husky dealer how many rings they use on the piston,If it the same as in the past,I think you will buy something different

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

After 12 years of Echo 2501 and 2601's I bought myself a Husqvarna 325L. WHAT A DIFFERANCE!!!! I'll never go back to Echo again. The 325 is lighter and SOooooooooo much more powerful.